Could The 2nd Lockdown Be The Time To Work On Your Little Ones Sleep?
I’m sure we all remember the last lockdown all too well; I know I do!
Full-time jobs squeezed into minimal hours of the day; full-time child care and homeschooling; not to mention the increased housework – cooking, cleaning and washing! After all that, you then probably tried to find some time for yourself… and then sleep!
I can’t imagine how different the lockdown would have been if my boy didn’t sleep. I knew that at 7 pm, I could catch up on my work, take a shower and maybe talk to my husband. I found the whole experience extremely stressful, and I know I’m not the only one.
So, here we are again! Lockdown the sequel; Lockdown Part II! The only difference is the nurseries and schools are still open. Hallelujah!!!
But could this be the perfect opportunity to focus on getting your little ones sleeping better? We have nowhere to be, no excuses like holidays or a family wedding. This is it, home, school/work, eat and sleep! So why not make sure the sleep is good sleep?!
Other Than Sleep… What’s Your Reason To Reach Out?
More often than not, people get in touch when they are at their wit’s end, rock bottom or breaking point! I get it! That was my turning point, too, but why do we leave it till then?
Sleep is essential for everyone. Getting enough quality sleep at the right times can help protect your mental health, physical health, quality of life, and safety. At a time like this, we need to ensure our mental and physical wellness takes priority.
You do need to be mentally ready, as a family, and want to make the changes. Once you know something needs to change, we are here to help guide you, and I doubt you will be disappointed!
The reason for wanting that change could be one (or more) of many but a few that we see most frequently are:
- Night feeds increasing through the night
- A new baby on the way
- Your relationship could be strained – a sleep consultant is much cheaper than a marriage counsellor.
- Your health is being affected; both physically and/or mentally.
- Co-sleeping – That’s cool, but it’s now a thing when you never wanted it to be
- Do you spend more time getting your baby to sleep than actually sleeping yourself?
- Has your little one had a regression, and you suddenly feel like you’re waking more than when you had a newborn
- Are you not enjoying being a parent
- Or do you just want the confidence to know that when your little one goes to sleep at night, you also get to sleep for the night too
If any of these sound like you, don’t let yourself get to breaking point before taking steps to make the change.
Whatever Your Reason…
I have a judgement-free, safe space where you can talk to me openly and honestly. I am here to help because I have been where you are now, and deciding to support my baby to sleep better changed my life for the better, and I want you to feel like choosing sleep was the best decision you ever made!
Keep safe and well,
- About the Author
- Latest Posts